X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Suggestions?

I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could suggest certain things to either add to the site, or report the site's malfunctions.

I have two part question, followed by a suggestion. What are the member titles (as in what are the titles and what post count to achieve them), and are you going to change them to better suit your vision of the site?

As for my suggestion, why not be bold and allow the members to edit their own member titles? That seems like the most efficient and awesome way to go about pleasing the masses. If you are worried about people changing it constantly, you could always set it so that they can only change it every 1,000 posts or so.

I agree with you about the members titles. I think it would be cool to still have some sort of picture, like maybe film cameras for each x amount of posts a member gets. Also a chatroom would be cool.

Comment

No measures to adjust the user titles has been set in place yet, we'll eventually make steps to remedy this somewhere in the future. Custom personalized user implemented titles would likely be the simplest route, but I kind of like the idea of having a set hierarchy of infini speak. I do think if we go they way of personalized titles, it will be something the user has to earn through valid and insightful posting. A reward so to speak.

I've looked into the chatroom software available (at least what's priced reasonably) and frankly it doesn't appeal to me, it really isn't much better than the shoutbox we have and consumes far more system resources. I have however, been considering creating an Infini-Tropolis room via aim ala old school BD. Thoughts on this?

Comment

Originally posted by mmyersisgod View Post
        I agree with you about the members titles. I think it would be cool to still have some sort of picture, like maybe film cameras for each x amount of posts a member gets. Also a chatroom would be cool.
        There is already a chatroom, and I disagree with the icon ranking system. I just want to either customize my title, or have a cool set of titles that we know about.

I'm assuming it's set as default which means I should be getting a new title when I hit 100 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nakadai View Post
          No measures to adjust the user titles has been set in place yet, we'll eventually make steps to remedy this somewhere in the future. Custom personalized user implemented titles would likely be the simplest route, but I kind of like the idea of having a set hierarchy of infini speak. I do think if we go they way of personalized titles, it will be something the user has to earn through valid and insightful posting. A reward so to speak.

I've looked into the chatroom software available (at least what's priced reasonably) and frankly it doesn't appeal to me, it really isn't much better than the shoutbox we have and consumes far more system resources. I have however, been considering creating an Infini-Tropolis room via aim ala old school BD. Thoughts on this?
          Reminds me of the VD chat. Memories.

Comment

You could make it possible for visitors of the site to comment on your reviews. I think that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by dead breed View Post
              You could make it possible for visitors of the site to comment on your reviews. I think that would be cool.
              That's why at the bottom of all of the reviews we link to a thread forum dedicated for discussion on that film/review.

Comment

Originally posted by KamuiX View Post
                That's why at the bottom of all of the reviews we link to a thread forum dedicated for discussion on that film/review.
                I think he means a quick comment box. I prefer what you have, though. It supports discussion of the film rather than a quick "Dis moovie PWNS!?!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Noir View Post
                  It supports discussion of the film rather than a quick "Dis moovie PWNS!?!!"
                  That was the intention.

Comment

That was the intention.
                    Well "La-de-da."

Kudos to you.

Comment

Here is a site suggestion, the mods should go buy cool shit and then have a raffle contest. Maybe a couple 52 inch flat screens, jelly of the month club coupons, etc.

Comment

Well, I do have half have a container of tic-tacs around here somewhere...

Comment

Well, I do have half have a container of tic-tacs around here somewhere...
                          Sweet. I'm going to win 'em.

How do I enter?

Comment

Originally posted by Noir View Post
                            Sweet. I'm going to win 'em.

How do I enter?
                            Paypal me $50.

Comment

Paypal me $50.
                              Sounds sexy, but it's a deal breaker. I lost my password to Paypal and they won't let me register with my card again. Assholes.

Comment

Working...
                              X