Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL 09/10 Season

Talk about the upcoming season in here!

My Canucks () made some pretty sweet moves recently, picking up Ehrhoff and Lukowich from the Sharks for peanuts and signing Mathieu Schneider. There's a rumor of a deal with LA that would look like this...

To Vancouver:

Frolov

To LA:

Demitra
    O'Brien
    2010 3rd Round Pick

The season can't come soon enough for me, waiting for hockey to come back is just brutal.

Boston Bruins here. My team still hasn't signed their leading goal scorer Phil Kessel and the fanbase is growing edgy about it.

My team came out of the east as #1 overall last season, so expectations are high. But they also made some moves that, while htey might not look like much, could have a significant impact on the results.

Did not resign Manny Fernandez to tend goal.
    Traded Aaron Ward away.
    Signed Derek Morris.

Comment

About time!

Oilers made some huge changes over the Summer...Pat Quinn being the pivotal one and some interesting additions as well. Will be a rebuilding year, but I see good shit for them in the next few years.

Comment

Boston's looking pretty good, I expect big things out of Milan Lucic this year playing a full year on the top line. He had a great playoff this past year. Not signing Fernandez was a no brainer, Thomas is really solid and they have Rask coming up in the minors but I expect Thomas to keep the starting job for the duration of his 5 year contract, perhaps bowing out in the last year if his play decreases but he really impressed me last season. Kessel's a tough situation, it seems like he's not going to sign with Boston and that they're trying to find the right buyer. It would be wise to find room for him on the payroll though.

As far as the Oilers, they actually had a pretty good draft, got some sweet young guys and the signing of Quinn was nice to see, it'll be great seeing him behind the bench again but even better they signed Renney to a contract who will likely serve as co-coach with Quinn more than an assistant. Should definitely be an interesting year.

Comment

Montreal is my team .. we're either going to make it or break it this season with all the shake ups.

Also look out for Chicago this year .. they have Hossa now. Should be interesting ..

It's also going to be fun watching The Sharks and Boston choke again

Comment

Would anybody be interested in participating in a fantasy draft on Yahoo? I'm in another league but wouldn't mind setting something up for Infini if there's enough interest. I'm thinking at least 8 people, preferably 12.

Comment

Being English I don't have a local team to support as such but New Jersey be my team and I'm just hoping for some kind of play off showing I don't ask for much.

Comment

Originally posted by Nos View Post
                Would anybody be interested in participating in a fantasy draft on Yahoo? I'm in another league but wouldn't mind setting something up for Infini if there's enough interest. I'm thinking at least 8 people, preferably 12.
                Send me some details and I may participate. Do I have to log in and change shit everyday for it tho? Time is short for me lately, but nonetheless send me some info and I may join and kick your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                  Send me some details and I may participate. Do I have to log in and change shit everyday for it tho? Time is short for me lately, but nonetheless send me some info and I may join and kick your ass.
                  I'd slaughter everyone here (), I'm currently in a very competitive keeper league, going on its fourth year. Also, yeah, you'd have to change shit every day, or set your lines a week in advance and only do it weekly, but that kind of sucks and takes some of the skill out of choosing the right combos.

Comment

The Canucks had a preseason game tonight against the Islanders, it was a pretty fun watch even though it was mostly rookies and players looking to stick or crack an AHL lineup, good to see NHL action on TV again. The Canucks won 2-1, Shirokov with both goals, he looked great. Boston has two televised games here in the next two days, hockey is back,wooo.

Comment

I won't have cabloe until Thursday and I'm goign to miss the Bruins fiurst televised (preseason) game of the season. Sumbitch!

Also...still no Phil Kessel.

Comment

When does the regular season start? Yayyy!!!!! Hockey's back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                          When does the regular season start?
                          Regular season begins October 1st...

Washington @ Boston
                          Montreal @ Toronto
                          San Jose @ Colorado
                          Vancouver @ Calgary

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic Vampyr View Post
                            Regular season begins October 1st...

Washington @ Boston
                            Montreal @ Toronto
                            San Jose @ Colorado
                            Vancouver @ Calgary
                            Nice. Thanks for the info.

Comment

The 'Canes season opener is on Friday, October 2nd against the Flyers. Luckily, I will be able to see this game.

Comment

Working...
                              X