Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexter (Manos Jr., 2006-2013)

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...ot/dexter1.jpg

I know this has been done to death on BD, but I honestly think this is the best show on TV right now. Michael C. Hall is absolutely amazing as the lead, and the writing for the first 2 seasons has been totally addicting. Great supporting cast, lots o' gore, boobs, and sex. Doesn't get much better than this.

I agree, it's been one of my favorite shows since it started basically. I was a big Six Feet Under fan so I was definitely down with one of my favorite actors from the show playing a serial killer on a new series. He's pretty much perfect in the role. It's one more thing to look forward to every fall.

Comment

just caught up on the 2 new episodes i missed sunday. The story's progressively getting better but still doesn't stand up to season 1.

Comment

You know what's funny? I have yet to see a single episode of this. I wanted to, but I don't have Showtime. My excuse seems to be ridiculous considering the fact that there are these new things called a DVD and torrents.

I'll have to check it out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ligeia View Post
          I agree, it's been one of my favorite shows since it started basically. I was a big Six Feet Under fan so I was definitely down with one of my favorite actors from the show playing a serial killer on a new series. He's pretty much perfect in the role. It's one more thing to look forward to every fall.
          i agree with pretty much everything you've said. i picked up the first season of six feet under from a used dvd store here in town, and they haven't gotten the second season in, yet. so far, i love it.

i am a diehard dexter fan. i've gotten pretty much all of my friends hooked on it.

Comment

The show kicks the shit out of the books.

Comment

I feel so ashamed to say that I haven't seen a single episode.

Comment

I think the first season was definitely the best. Since then I feel like it has lost some of what made it interesting, and it has just fallen into sort of predictable territory.

Comment

After nearly a year, I figure it's about time resurrect this thread.

After a fairly dismal season three, this season just keeps getting better. It's certainly not at the level of season one, but I like how past arcs are banging up against one another, while at the same time John Lithgow is doing a great job with his part.

So far, this season has far exceeded my expectations.

Comment

I just finished season 3. Definitely the worst so far. I'm hoping every one is right that the new season gets back on track.

Comment

I actually liked the second season a lot. I thought the idea of playing detective chess with his own police force in covering his own tracks was great, as well as Keith Carradine's presence as Agent Lundy (who is still one of my favorite characters of the show)

I also agree that the third started losing the show's momentum, but I still felt Jimmy Smits saved the show with his character and subplot. To each his own, but I still enjoyed. The whole Freebo/Skinner killer story and all the subplots involving the different members of the police force (Deb, Angel, Quinn, etc.), on the other hand, was fucking lame.

I've watched the first four episodes of the new season and it seems somewhat decent. John Lithgow is deliciously creepy as the new serial killer and the return of Lundy is great start. I wasn't as into it when I first started the season, but I really dug the last episode I watched. Let's see how this season unfolds...

Comment

God.... my head is pretty much exploding right now. I was wondering how they would top last season guest star John Lithgow. Especially since I'm a pretty big fan of his stuff. So yeah I was pretty sure it couldn't be done. Nope... wrong.

Robocop is joining the Miami Metro police.

Peter Weller — who starred in the first two Robocop movies — will co-star in the upcoming season of Dexter, Showtime announced Tuesday.

Julia Stiles joins the cast of Dexter

The 63-year-old actor, whose TV work includes 24 and film credits include Naked Lunch and Mighty Aphrodite, will play a troubled policeman caught in an internal affairs investigation for eight episodes in Season 5.

Jonny Lee Miller, April Lee Hernandez, Shawn Hatosy and Julia Stiles are among the other guest stars previously announced for the new season of Dexter.

Freshmen series Glee, Modern Family dominate Emmy nominations

The serial-killer series landed seven Emmy nominations last week. Among them: outstanding drama, lead actor (Michael C. Hall) and guest actor (John Lithgow — who co-starred with Weller in the 1984 cult film The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai).

Season 5 of Dexter will debut Sunday, Sept. 26 at 9/8c on Showtime.
                        Last edited by Disturbed Dan; 07-14-2010, 12:51 AM.

Comment

They really packed the guest starring roles for this upcoming season, lots of new characters.

Hopefully this will signify the trouble Dexter will be in after Rita's death. Deep investigations seem likely.

Looking forward to it.

Comment

Season 5 Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Arto View Post
                              I've only watched bits and pieces of the trailer (in order to tease myself) and I can't fucking wait!

Comment

Working...
                              X