• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellraiser (Barker, 1987)

Hellraiser (Barker, 1987)

http://infini-tropolis.com/reviews/i...iserHEADER.jpg

(Click image for review.)

Discuss.

Fantastic Film. One of my favorite horror films of all time along with it's sequel Hellbound.

Comment

Originally posted by Noir View Post
      Fantastic Film. One of my favorite horror films of all time along with it's sequel Hellbound.
      Definitely...I like Hellbound almost as much as the original. I generally watch them back-to-back, as they're really just one long film. Dr. Chanard is the shit!!

Comment

Originally posted by KamuiX View Post
        Definitely...I like Hellbound almost as much as the original. I generally watch them back-to-back, as they're really just one long film. Dr. Chanard is the shit!!
        Well said. I also like 3. All the others? A waste of time.

Comment

Great movie. The only Hellraiser movies I enjoy are 1 & 2. This movie has a dark atmosphere surrounding it and I find that very addicting in a horror movie (great fx too)

Comment

I also find Bllodline enjoyable for it's cheese. I'm weird like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Noir View Post
              I also find Bllodline enjoyable for it's cheese. I'm weird like that.
              I like it too...I really dislike the 3rd however, and parts 6-8 are awful. I have a bizarre affection for the 5th though. It's pretty surreal and the Cenobites in it were pretty wicked. It also actually has a Hellraiser feel to it. I know I'm in the vast minority on the film though.

Comment

No way man, I like part 5 also. It's pretty much "a day in the life of Pinhead". It was good they did something different with the series that brought it closer back to it's roots...but then they pretty much copied it for Hellseeker.

Does anyone find the weird daddy issues Kirsty has to be kinda hot? It's obvious she wants to fuck Pinhead.

Comment

Call me a loser but I did not enjoy part 1 or 2 of Hellraiser for some reason .... boggles me? Maybe I should try rewatching them again cause hell, its been 12 years ago since I seen them. I was howevere a huge fan of part 3 and I did catch a little of the newest one the other day on scifi which was about a website or some shit, it was your typical below par acting with some cheese swirls.

Comment

I love the first movie, but I can't stand any of the subsequent ones. The first movie is an absolute classic though.

Comment

How can you love the first one and not the second one? That's like peanut butter without jelly....

Comment

I like it too...I really dislike the 3rd however, and parts 6-8 are awful. I have a bizarre affection for the 5th though. It's pretty surreal and the Cenobites in it were pretty wicked. It also actually has a Hellraiser feel to it. I know I'm in the vast minority on the film though.
                        No way, I enjoy that one as well. Fuck. I guess you can say I like half the series, but the other half is terrible. The things we find out about ourselves, huh?

Originally posted by alleywaykrew View Post
                        I love the first movie, but I can't stand any of the subsequent ones. The first movie is an absolute classic though.
                        Originally posted by Death Bed View Post
                        How can you love the first one and not the second one? That's like peanut butter without jelly....
                        Answer.

Comment

Wow, good to know I'm not the only one that likes Inferno...everytime I ever bring it up, I generally get laughed at. I then try to explain that everything after part 4 are just a "side stories", since the story really ended with 4, so it's fine that it's different. And I also point out that Pinhead is hardly in the first, so why complain about him hardly being in part 5?? But I'm generally mocked and then I walk away in shame

Comment

Wow, good to know I'm not the only one that likes Inferno...everytime I ever bring it up, I generally get laughed at. I then try to explain that everything after part 4 are just a "side stories", since the story really ended with 4, so it's fine that it's different. And I also point out that Pinhead is hardly in the first, so why complain about him hardly being in part 5?? But I'm generally mocked and then I walk away in shame
                            I think Hellraiser is the most underrated and poorly treated series out there. It had a great premise and then the film makers took it in a direction that fialed to live up to it's potential. Anyone who complains about the first 4 films (5 is questionable at times, I'll admit) really needs to re-watch them. They aren't perfect, but they aren't complete shit either. Maybe, one day, the 3rd-5th films in this series will be treated as "cheesy greatness."

Comment

And I also point out that Pinhead is hardly in the first, so why complain about him hardly being in part 5?? But I'm generally mocked and then I walk away in shame
                              I know. That's so stupid. He was in the majority of part 3, and look how -that- turned out.

Comment

Working...
                              X