Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Screaming in High Heels: The Rise and Fall of the Scream Queen Era (Collum, 2011) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screaming in High Heels: The Rise and Fall of the Scream Queen Era (Collum, 2011)

Screaming in High Heels: The Rise and Fall of the Scream Queen Era

Written, Directed, and Produced by Jason Paul Collum

Starring:
    Brinke Stevens
    Michelle Bauer
    Linnea Quigley
    Fred Olen Ray
    Ted Newsom
    David DeCoteau
    Richard Gabai
    Jay Richardson
    Kenneth Hall

A passion project for nearly a decade, this documentary gathers b-grade horror film actresses Linnea Quigley (Return of the Living Dead), Brinke Stevens (The Slumber Party Massacre) and Michelle Bauer (Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers) to tell the story of how they all "accidentally" became cult icons of the late 1980s. Follow the ladies and their fellow directors and cast mates through the major direct-to-video boom which had them filming upwards of ten films per year, fighting off men in rubber monster suits, pubescent teenage boys and deadly showers. They were flown all over the world, dined with President Reagan and built profitable mini-empires from their fame by exploiting the industry which exploited them. Then it all came crashing down.

Having received little respect at the time, and today their importance & substantial contributions to the horror film industry mostly forgotten (sometimes deliberately), this documentary will bring an educational, fun and positive aspect to express how smart these three women were to play stupid.

Vimeo Video

We are in the final stages of post production on this film and are doing some fund raising. I know this is outright soliciting, but I know you guys are huge b movie fans, and have always been kind and supportive of anything I have posted so I figured this would be a great place to post this. Help us get this out there and pass the word on what is a really fun documentary.

Here is the kickstarter page for the film:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...l-of-the-screa

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Mr. Bishop; 06-15-2011, 10:59 PM.

You should post this on avmaniacs and latarnia forums too as they have pretty big userbases. It's probably worth finding out who has a decent post count on those two forums so that they can post it. I could do avmaniacs, but I think Matt posts there more than me (I could be wrong).

Monsterkid Classic Horror forum is worth a shot too as they have a lot of horror authors and whatnot on there. Unfortunatly I don't know if anybody has an account there?

Comment

19 days, enough time for me to scrounge up something for you guys

Comment

I heart you guys.

Comment

(You may have already) But if you didn't, go ahead and make a thread over on BD man.

Comment

I see you've made your goal. Nice.

Comment

Yep, pretty awesome!!! Very glad for the people that donated, as I know a few from here ponied up some cash toward our film. You guys fucking rock.

Now, onto legal and finishing.

Comment

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?op...ews&Itemid=167

Premiere announcement and convention info!

Comment

Working...
                X