• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coonskin (Bakshi, 1975)

Coonskin (Bakshi, 1975)

http://infini-tropolis.com/reviews/images/coontitle.png

(Click image for review.)

Discuss.

I've been meaning to watch Coonskin for awhile now and have watched the first three minutes so many times and laughed even harder every time but have never watched the whole film. Don't ask me why.

Comment

Stop procrastinating and just watch it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic Vampyr View Post
        I've been meaning to watch Coonskin for awhile now and have watched the first three minutes so many times and laughed even harder every time but have never watched the whole film. Don't ask me why.
        Nos #2??

Comment

I'm really interested in checking out this movie, it looks like a good time. I liked some of Bakshi's other works such as Fritz, The Lord of the Rings (cartoon), Wizards and some of his work with the Marvel superhero cartoons.

Comment

I was always pissed that they never completed Bakshi's Lord of the Rings . That and Wizards were probably my favorite. I never saw Coonskin. Maybe I should give it a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Arto View Post
              I was always pissed that they never completed Bakshi's Lord of the Rings . That and Wizards were probably my favorite. I never saw Coonskin. Maybe I should give it a watch.
              I agree. I wish they had to continue the story. I liked the way it was animated and I also found a few parts creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by KamuiX View Post
                Nos #2??
                I originally had Nos jr. tagged on the end.

I loved the old Lord of the Rings cartoon when I was a kid, but couldn't tell you a thing about it these days. Always assumed it wouldn't hold up so many years later...

Comment

I recently grabbed Heavy Traffic on a whim, for a good price, and absolutely fell in love with it, and Bakshi's style of storytelling and animation. The gritty, exaggerated vulgarity of it all is awesome, and works realllly well.

Is this available on DVD in any way currently?

Comment

A quick search found something on HKFLIX released by BLAX, but I assume it's of the same VHS rip quality that's been floating on the net and eBay for years.

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID....qx/details.htm

Probably a bootleg, but the quality is passable and it's better than nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X