Comment

Now it really feels like a draft is about to start

Comment

I wanna draft...I wanna draft...

I wanna good draft...

I wanna draft...

One that satisfiiiiiiiies... my artistic needs

Comment

So when we vote, are we using the whole +2 +1 0 -1 -2 voting system or..?

Comment

Originally posted by dead breed View Post
            So when we vote, are we using the whole +2 +1 0 -1 -2 voting system or..?
            If anyone has suggestions, I'm sure Kamui wouldn't mind being PM'd. I'd be interested in hearing other possible ways of voting, not that there's anything wrong with the way it already is.

Comment

-1, 0, +1

Comment

Originally posted by SharkWeek View Post
                I don't know this fella, but if this is true...

Ban his ass.
                This is why Infini was made in the first place....so we wouldn't have to deal with this kind of bullshit.

It's times like this where I wish I was Admin...

Comment

Originally posted by superfry View Post
                  -1, 0, +1

I like it. You either don't like it, haven't seen it/don't care, or you like it. Simple enough to me. Then if there is a tie, you decided which one suits you more. Or, who is the bigger asshole between the two lists. That is how I am voting anyway....

Comment

I think a -2 -1 0 +1 +2 is a better scale. Big difference between loving a film and liking it, especially considering I'm guessing a lot of movies picked this time are gonna be off the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bishop View Post
                      I like it. You either don't like it, haven't seen it/don't care, or you like it. Simple enough to me. Then if there is a tie, you decided which one suits you more. Or, who is the bigger asshole between the two lists. That is how I am voting anyway....
                      It also helps with figuring who has the better overall list as opposed to nitpicking over individual films.

If, in a draft with 10 picks, one guy has 5 +2s and 5 'meh' 0s and his opponent has 10 +1s, the second guy obviously would have the better list overall.

The strength of 5 +worthy films and weakness of the other 5 shouldn't be worthy of competing against all +s.

I don't even wanna go into how much I hate the idea of -2s.

If you don't like something, you don't. Who fucking cares how much?
                      Last edited by superfry; 07-10-2010, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Agreed. I thought it worked great in the AG Draft. I know some took issue with it, but even still. They played. It's basically the thumbs up/thumbs down approach. Just as effective as using .5's!

Comment

Originally posted by Tymishu View Post
                          Agreed. I thought it worked great in the AG Draft. I know some took issue with it, but even still. They played. It's basically the thumbs up/thumbs down approach. Just as effective as using .5's!
                          I don't even wanna go into how much I hate the idea of -2s.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with this too. The fact that I don't like a movie is no reason to dock the overall list because of its inclusion. I can see not giving it points, but that's where the judgment should end. I'd like to think its acceptable to pick an unpopular movie because you like and want to create discussion about it, without completely sinking your list.

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic View Post
                            Yeah, I'd have to agree with this too. The fact that I don't like a movie is no reason to dock the overall list because of its inclusion. I can see not giving it points, but that's where the judgment should end. I'd like to think its acceptable to pick an unpopular movie because you like and want to create discussion about it, without completely sinking your list.
                            Personally I would simplify it even more. +1 if you like it. 0 if you don't or haven't seen it. You get the point.

Comment

Personally I would simplify it even more. +1 if you like it. 0 if you don't or haven't seen it. You get the point.
                              Perfectamundo.

Comment

At this point you wouldn't really need to grade. All you would have to do is erase the movies you haven't seen or didn't care for and count the ones left.
                                Last edited by Tymishu; 07-10-2010, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X