Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arto, you're up next, due to your indepth post on 1-2. So, You've got a week. Make it a good one!!

Comment

The movie of the month is Cashback (Ellis, 2006).
      http://infini-tropolis.com/forum/sho...=529&=cashback

Trailer

Comment

Another I haven't seen yet. Heads up all, it's still streaming on netflix. I'm excited to finally see this one.

In smaller news, I updated the first page to detail who picks what.

Comment

All right. I've been very busy lately, as I assume most on here have so, looks like we didn't get any hits for cashback.

I saw it yesterday. It was a fun, inventive lovestory. Not without its pretensions it still manages to be a fun viewing experience. The ending is predictable but, most romantic tales are. That being said, i liked it. I wish more people had commented on it but, I can't say anything because, it took me 26 days to see it.

So, who picks next? Well, Arto linked to the Cashback thread. The only comment on there is by ThreeOnAMeathook. If he doesn't pick then, we'll see who has some ideas.

Comment

I have been so swamped with work I haven't had a chance to watch anything that doesn't pertain to the documentary I am working on. I have it in my queue, and plan to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bishop View Post
              I have been so swamped with work I haven't had a chance to watch anything that doesn't pertain to the documentary I am working on. I have it in my queue, and plan to watch it.
              out of curiosity, what's the doc about?
              also, I'm going to add your site to my blogroll, if you don't mind

Comment

Nice top ten you just put up btw. Weren't the people Rope was based on gay?

Comment

Originally posted by Sergei Kowalski View Post
                  Nice top ten you just put up btw. Weren't the people Rope was based on gay?
                  yeah. It was the Leopold and Loeb case. Funny Games was based on the same case.

Comment

Originally posted by Necronomicon View Post
                    out of curiosity, what's the doc about?
                    also, I'm going to add your site to my blogroll, if you don't mind
                    By all means, that is what it is there for.

The doc is called Screaming in High Heels: The Rise and Fall of the Scream Queen Era. Directed by Jason Paul Collum, it centers around the scream queen boom of the mid 80's through early 90's, which also marked the big home video boom as well. The 3 girls focused on are Brinke Stevens, Linnea Quigley, and Michelle Bauer (who are all in the doc). We also have interviews with David DeCoteau, Fred Olen Ray, Ted Newsom, Jay Richardson, Kenneth Hall, and Richard Gabai. We already have ok's on clips from Full moon and Tempe video. We are working on others as we have been going through a pool of over 50 films so far for this including TV spots and various interviews made during the era. So far it's going well, hope to be out sometime this summer.

Comment

So only 1 person watched my rec and you all managed to change the subject of the thread completely without making another rec. Has the Movie Club already died?

Comment

Dude. I am so sorry. As I said before, it is in my queue, but I haven't had the chance to watch anything lately. I completely intend on watching it.

Comment

It's cool, I just want to know where the direction is with this now. Who's next on the pick? I would think Necro since he's the only one who posted. 3OAM doesn't really count because he made that post over a year ago.

I know there's only a small handful that are into this, but I'd still like to keep it going if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Arto View Post
                            It's cool, I just want to know where the direction is with this now. Who's next on the pick? I would think Necro since he's the only one who posted. 3OAM doesn't really count because he made that post over a year ago.

I know there's only a small handful that are into this, but I'd still like to keep it going if possible.
                            Alright. Lets keep it going. My pick is Jean-Luc Godard's Contempt. Solely because it's been on my queue forever and I keep postponing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Necronomicon View Post
                              Alright. Lets keep it going. My pick is Jean-Luc Godard's Contempt. Solely because it's been on my queue forever and I keep postponing it.
                              Already seen it. I'll post my 2 cents after Bish watches Cashback.

Comment

Working...
                              X