• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

one of my favs...always gets a chuckle out of me:

"Son, you got a panty on your head."

Comment

One of my all time favorite movie... Spike of Bensonhurst. This movie should have gotten an Academy Award for best music score.

Italians from Brooklyn
        Last edited by venom10463; 05-28-2009, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I NEED A HERO

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed Dan View Post
            Johnny 5........

Comment

Barry Lyndon - Dueling/Settling Accounts

How awesome is that fencing move Ryan O'Neil pulls at 0:55?

Here's one of the finest scenes in cinema.
              Barry Lyndon - Silent Seduction

..and now for something completely different...

The Seven-Ups. The film is decent; nothing special, especially after Crime films like Bullitt and The French Connection broke the mold with similar urban sequences, but this car chase rivals both films' famed chase scenes. Actually, I think it's even better...actually I think it's just plain out my favorite car chase. It runs ten fucking minutes and it's shot on-location in NYC. I rest my case.
              The Seven-Ups - Car Chase
              Last edited by Arto; 06-30-2009, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Things to do in Denver When You're Dead

Comment

^ - i already wanna watch it again.

Comment

Originally posted by superfry View Post
                    Fuck yeah, Fry. I forget how great this movie is, but I just love watching a woman-beater get his ass slammed the fuck up and down. There's a lot of a great scenes in this movie. Very underrated. It kind of reminded me of 2 Days in the Valley.

I wish you could find the scene where Treat Williams is talking about how he had to eat a piece of shit when he was in prison. I love that scene. He was one of my favorite characters.

Treat is such an underrated actor. Check him out in Sydney Lumet's Prince of the City. That seriously had to be the guy's career peak, but I digress...

Danny Ciello confesses

This guy on youtube posting PotC vids said it best, the movie is "Criminally Overlooked". Probably because of how similar it is to Serpico, but I honestly think PotC may be the better film. There was just so much more dimension to all the characters, whereas in Serpico, Pacino was the only real headliner. Also, Treat Williams' Danny Ciello I found to be a much more intricate character study in comparison to Pacino's Frank Serpico (both characters are based on real life NYPD detectives). PotC, also had no "In Demand" actors, nor did shy away from the fact of how similar it was to Serpico. The two films would actually make a great double-feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Arto View Post
                      Treat is such an underrated actor. Check him out in Sydney Lumet's Prince of the City. That seriously had to be the guy's career peak, but I digress

"it wasn't no big piece, didn't even have a taste. i ain't no brown boy."

and ya, that must've been his peak. although i know everyone here must've seen Deep Rising.

Comment

Originally posted by Arto View Post
                        I wish you could find the scene where Treat Williams is talking about how he had to eat a piece of shit when he was in prison. I love that scene. He was one of my favorite characters.
                        I'll go one better and post a little lead up...

He's a brown boy! A dookie-taster!

And then later...
                        Kinda spongy.

Comment

Originally posted by superfry View Post
                          I'll go one better and post a little lead up...

He's a brown boy! A dookie-taster!

And then later...
                          Kinda spongy.
                          Fuckin wow...You just PWNED this thread.

Seriously, those are hands down my two favorite scenes. I remember seeing it for the first time and losing it when Easy Wind started calling him all those names.

It's so great that they included the convo between Garcia and Williams afterward.

"...Doin' that with them bodies, I mean, it keeps my powder dry."

Fuckin Critical Bill...what a character. He's like a burlesque psychopath. I love it. How can you not watch a scene with him an not be entertained?

William Forsythe is another actor who doesn't get enough recognition, especially when his most recognizable roles to date are as the thin-dicked detective of Deuce Bigelow and the crazed Sheriff from The Devil's Rejects.
                          Last edited by Arto; 06-30-2009, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Jacob's Ladder

Comment

Here's some great scenes from Slacker.

Madonna Pap Smear

Been On the Moon Since the 50's

Comment

I remember seeing Jerry Lewis' The Ladies Man at a very young age (my mother loves Jerry Lewis, so she had almost every movie of his). This scene is one of my all-time favorites from any movie, ever. I can't explain why I love it so much except that it must come from it being burnt into my brain from seeing at such a young age and being blown away by how cool it was. To see it on youtube now was just as fulfilling. I love it. A very influential scene IMO.

The Dollhouse Sequence

Comment

Working...
                                X