X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experimental Short Films

Hey guys, so I recently came across a rather interesting (albeit incomplete?) experimental short by John Frame, a sculptor from California. Technically the film I am about to show you, "Three Fragments of a Lost Tale", is only Part 1 of a greater whole, as the artist intends to compile yet more stop-motion footage of his sculptures and their stories as he recieves more funding, hopefully begetting a feature-length film he intends to call "Tale of the Crippled Boy" . You can read more about that here.

The artist describes "Three Fragments of a Lost Tale" as "a complex and loosely narrated story of a lost culture where things have gone rather awry."

Watch it here.

Sorry, idk how to embed videos from Vimeo!

Anyway, tell me what you think and share some films with me!

Edit: Alright, since you all are chomping at the bit (har har) I'll start. I thought it was eerie and entrancing, and the stop-motion and sculptures were masterful. However, I found it quite abstract, and though I understood very well the mood of each tale, I'm not sure I really followed the tales themselves. That being said, the mood very well could be all that Frame was trying to convey (although I doubt it). I also thought it was super neat how each of his sculptures was comprised of found objects. What do you think is the symbolism of the clocks? Ohhh, I'm reeling. All in all it wasn't my cup of tea (with the exception of some scenes that haunt me still) but I'd never seen anything like it so I thought I'd share.
    Last edited by Pepper Marx; 08-30-2011, 04:45 AM.
Working...
X