X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD & Blu-Ray Releases

Welcome to the Infini-Tropolis all purpose DVD & Blu-Ray discussion thread. Here's the place to inquire about, inform others and discuss all the latest and upcoming releases!

Noteworthy Releases:

Whoops didn't notice "March 2009" was actually a link. Great list though, it's real handy.
    Last edited by Obscureness; 03-05-2009, 01:16 PM.

Comment

THANK YOU INFINI GODS!!!

I have been looking for a reliable list since Fango has been sketchy as of late and only features horror anyway.

Great feature, kudos to all the arseholes behind it.

Comment

Great idea guys. Top shelf!

Cat in the Brain is SO coming home to me it isn't funny. It is about fucking time.

Comment

The Chick's Ability

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16..._X/impulse.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...ITY_300dpi.jpg

HER ABILITY WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!

IMPULSE PICTURES IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE
          A SEX CINEMA CLASSIC FROM BRAZIL
          AS PART OF THE CLASSIC LATIN EROTICA COLLECTION

Brazilian legend Helena Ramos stars in THE CHICK’S ABILITY, a highly erotic coming-of-age tale, in which an innocent young girl becomes pregnant and her newborn child requires life saving medical care. Cast out by her family, her desperation brings her to a high-class brothel where she sells her flesh to the highest bidders. Non-stop sex and voluptuous bodies fill the screen in this lurid tale of a woman who uses sex to save the lives of both herself and her child.

Impulse Pictures’ THE CHICK’S ABILITY DVD Features Include:
          • New Digital Transfer in the Original Full-Frame Aspect Ratio of 1.33:1
          • Portuguese Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
          • Newly Translated, Removable English Subtitles
          • Chapter Selections

Look for Impulse Pictures’ DVD of THE CHICK’S ABILITY in stores on April 28th, 2009, at a retail price of $24.95.

For further information on THE CHICK’S ABILITY, or other Impulse Pictures titles, please visit our website at www.synapse-films.com or visit the Synapse Blog at synapsefilms.blogspot.com or our MySpace page at www.myspace.com/synapsefilms.
          Last edited by KamuiX; 03-05-2009, 04:39 PM.

Comment

The Booby Hatch

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16..._X/synapse.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...TCH_300dpi.jpg

THE ULTIMATE
            IN SEXUAL FULFILLMENT!

A SEX FILM DISCOVERY FROM THE MAKERS OF
            NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD MAKES ITS DVD DEBUT

The creators of the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD bring you THE BOOBY HATCH, a zany comedy full of schlocky humor, nudity and sex! Sweet and innocent Cherry Jankowski (Sharon Joy Miller) is a product tester for Joyful Novelties, Inc., a manufacturer of erotic sex toys. She goes day-to-day, trying to find self-fulfillment in a crazy, erotic, sex-filled world. One of her friends at work, Marcello Fettucini (Rudy Ricci), is at risk of losing his job because he’s having trouble getting an erection. If he can’t get aroused, he can’t test out the new products! Can Marcello and Cherry work out their problems and live happy, or will they continue to just “lay down on the job”?

Written and co-directed by NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD horror novelist John Russo, THE BOOBY HATCH satirizes the unbelievable sexual attitudes of the 1970s and makes its DVD debut in this special features-laden edition from Synapse Films.

The Synapse Films’ THE BOOBY HATCH DVD Special Features Include:
            • Anamorphic Widescreen (1.66:1) Transfer
            • English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
            • Audio Commentary with John Russo, Rudy Ricci and Russell Streiner
            • A FLYBOY IN EARTH SHOES Featurette with David Emge
            • Complete Alternate Feature, THE LIBERATION OF CHERRY JANKOWSKI containing extra footage!
            • Theatrical Trailer

Look for Synapse Films’ Special Edition DVD of THE BOOBY HATCH in stores on April 28, 2009, at a retail price of $24.95.

For further information on THE BOOBY HATCH, or other Synapse Films titles, please visit our website at www.synapse-films.com or visit the Synapse Blog at synapsefilms.blogspot.com or our MySpace page at www.myspace.com/synapsefilms.
            Last edited by KamuiX; 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM.

Comment

The Hairdresser's Husband & The Perfume of Yvonne

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16..._X/severin.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...d_Keyart-1.jpg http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...e_Keyart-1.jpg

TWO SENSUAL CLASSICS FROM OSCAR-NOMINEE PATRICE LECONTE COME TO DVD APRIL 28TH

VIA SEVERIN FILMS

First Time On DVD In America; “The Films Of Leconte Unfailingly Move Me And Make Me Smile,” Says Longtime Fan Roger Ebert

LOS ANGELES, CA - March 2, 2009 – Severin Films today announced the April 28th premieres of THE HAIRDRESSER’S HUSBAND and THE PERFUME OF YVONNE from acclaimed French writer/director Patrice Leconte, best known for such international hits as THE GIRL ON THE BRIDGE, THE WIDOW OF SAINT PIERRE, the Oscar® nominated RIDICULE, and his recent triumph THE MAN ON THE TRAIN. Both THE HAIRDRESSER’S HUSBAND and THE PERFUME OF YVONNE are presented fully restored for the first time ever on DVD in America, and feature all-new interviews with Leconte.

THE HAIRDRESSER’S HUSBAND stars legendary French actor Jean Rochefort as an older man whose childhood sexual obsession with a local hairdresser leads him to the shop of beautiful young Mathilde (Anna Galiena) and a romance of ultimate devotion. Nominated for 7 César Awards in France including Best Film, Best Actor, Best Director and Best Screenplay, THE HAIRDRESSER’S HUSBAND was named in several American critics ’10 Best’ lists in 1990, with avowed Leconte devotee Roger Ebert hailing it as “sexier than a dozen Basic Instincts.”

Despite its worldwide success in 1994, the third film in Leconte’s ‘Obsession Trilogy’ (after MONSIEUR HIRE and THE HAIRDRESSER’S HUSBAND), THE PERFUME OF YVONNE never received a theatrical release in the U.S. Hippolyte Girardot (MANON OF THE SPRING), Jean-Pierre Marielle (THE DA VINCI CODE) and stunning model Sandra Majani star in this elegiac love story set in 1958 Lake Geneva that DVD Times calls “a gorgeous and haunting erotic masterpiece.” As Leconte’s reputation grows as one of the world’s most unique and acclaimed filmmakers, both THE HAIRDRESSER’S HUSBAND and THE PERFUME OF YVONNE have become two of the most in-demand foreign films of the digital format.

“Patrice Leconte is an international cinema icon whose films speak to the mysteries of love and sensuality like no others,” says Carl Daft, co-founder and CEO of Severin Films. “It’s telling that fans have been so desperate to own these two films that they’ve paid upwards of $75 for used VHS copies on Amazon. We are enormously excited to have worked closely with Monsieur Leconte himself to now bring immaculately restored versions to DVD for the first time ever in North America.”

Severin Films was formed in May 2006 with offices in Los Angeles and London, and dedicated to restoring and releasing the most provocative and controversial features from around the world. The company’s previous successes include Walerian Borowczyk’s IMMORAL WOMEN, the unrated director’s cut of Just Jaeckin’s GWENDOLINE starring Tawny Kitaen, and Enzo Castellari’s action classic INGLORIOUS BASTARDS, currently being remade by Quentin Tarantino.
              Last edited by KamuiX; 03-05-2009, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Late Bloomer

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16.../bonehouse.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...erDVDHiRes.jpg

COMING MARCH 24 from BONE HOUSE ASIA and FACETS!

Go Shibata's cult hit LATE BLOOMER, fresh from weeklong runs in New York, Seattle, and Chicago.

“Weird, wicked and wonderfully perverse”—THE NEW YORK TIMES

“ ***1/2 ” —ROGER EBERT

“Gets under your skin, then immediately starts eating away at your internal organs."—TIME OUT NEW YORK

“One of the best films that has come out of Japan recently"—MIDNIGHT EYE

“Highly unusual spin on the serial killer/horror film mix”—VARIETY

LATE BLOOMER is the story of Sumida-san, a severely handicapped man, and his downward spiral into hell. Althoughwe first see him with his physical limitations, he has all the personality, and desires, of a physically normal man.

He loves to party, eat good food, and rock out to his caregiver Take's hardcore band. However, Sumida-san's life begins to fall apart when he develops a fond crush on his new caregiver, Nobuko. Needless to say, the feelings are not reciprocated and when Nobuko starts spending her free time with Take, Sumida-san is driven mad with desire and frustration, and, of course, things take a turn for the worse…

"To best describe the film, one can say that it has the best elements of Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Battles without Honor and Humanity, Taxi Driver, Freaks, and Psycho. There are elements of directors Koji Wakamatsu, Werner Herzog, Alejandro Jodorowsky, and Herschell Gordon Lewis in the film too." —Midnight Eye

Bone House Asia's DVD presentation of LATE BLOOMER includes a greeting from director Go Shibata, interviews with the director and actors, and a trailer gallery.

www.bonehouseasia.com

Comment

Some rockin stuff coming out. Thanks for the list.

Comment

A few upcoming Blu-ray imports:

Italy:
                    Susperia - 3-11-09. Still no word on the region coding, but it's got Italian and English audio and English subtitles.

UK:
                    The Machine Girl - 5-18-09. This one will most likely be region free as all of Showbox's Blu-rays have been so far.
                    The Good, The Bad, The Weird - 6-1-09. No telling if it will be region free.

Comment

I don't know if the actual release date has been said before (last I heard was just the end of May), but I just saw on HKFlix the two Wandering Ginza movies are coming May 19.

http://obscureness.com/wgb/wgb.jpg
                      http://obscureness.com/wgb/wgb2.jpg

Comment

Nice, I had heard they were coming in May, but wasn't sure if they still were. I'll probably get an announcement for them from Synapse in a few weeks or so.

Comment

Originally posted by KamuiX View Post
                          Nice, I had heard they were coming in May, but wasn't sure if they still were. I'll probably get an announcement for them from Synapse in a few weeks or so.
                          Let us know. I'd be interested in picking up She-Cat Gambler.

Comment

Timecrimes

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...X/magnolia.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16..._X/7769456.jpg

Sci-fi Thriller, TIMECRIMES Lands On DVD March 31 From Magnolia Home Entertainment As Part Of The Magnet Six Shooter Series

"IT"S ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. Elegant, tight and brilliant with no loose ends - a perfect film." - (Harry Knowles, Ain't It Cool News)

"...sends ripples through reality..." - (Los Angeles Times)

"PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST TIME TRAVEL MOVIES OF ALL TIME. Truly a gem to behold." - (Bloody Disgusting.com)

Winner Of The Audience Award And Best Feature Jury Prize At Fantastic Fest 2007 And An Official Selection Of The 2008 Sundance Film Festival

Oscar nominated short film director Nacho Vigalondo (7:35 in the Morning) makes his feature film debut in the tense, unstoppable vision of science and natural law gone awry in TIMECRIMES. Starring lauded Spanish writer and director Karra Elejalde (Holy Mary), the film follows the jarring tale of an ordinary man named Hector who accidentally travels back in time and is forced to fight for survival and to protect the woman he loves.

Drawing from the best traditions of classic science fiction and crime fiction, TIMECRIMES plays games with the genre and the audience, giving the protagonist a Russian-doll like shell of identities that are shed so often that Hector can be playing one of any number of whodunit archetypes at any given moment as he becomes increasingly more complicit in the complicated mess that he's trying to fix.

Comment

Most likely going to pick that up, however I didn't know it was coming out this month. So awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X