Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nos View Post
    Vertigo (Hitchcock, 1958) ****

Great movies, I was really taken with Vertigo, beautiful and haunting film in regards to infatuation and loneliness, actually a rather complex emotional core, Kim Novak was wonderful. I could understand being obsessed with her character. Being obsessed with a woman who, in essence, doesn't exist really got to me. I loved it.
    I agree completely. An amazingly devastating film. My fave of his.

Transformers 2 - -1/5 - what a piece of shit.

Mad Monster Party - 4/5 - Made by the same crew that did the old stop motion Christmas specials, this is a very fun film with Boris Karloff and all the monsters. Pretty fucking cute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bishop View Post
      I agree completely. An amazingly devastating film. My fave of his.
      I think it's my favorite as well.

Originally posted by Mr. Bishop View Post
      Transformers 2 - -1/5 - what a piece of shit.
      And yet that still somehow makes this minstrel show sound better than it really is. I call it the Battlefield Earth of this generation.

Comment

• Blood Simple. 10/10. Yep, still in the Top-3 from the Coen Bros.

Comment

• Harry Brown 8/10
          The Big Combo 8.5/10

Comment

• Despicable Me - 6/10

Comment

• Ring

I wish I could see what everybody else does in this. I'm not huge on modern Japanese horror, but even then I don't think it's anywhere near as good as Pulse.
              Last edited by Sergei Kowalski; 07-24-2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Ring isn't among my favorites either (I prefer the remake, oddly enough). I like it, but I like stuff like Pulse, Audition, Suicide Club, Marebito,and original video version of Ju-On better.

Comment

• Ice Pirates
                  House of the Rising Sun - Batista has potential to do some shitty action movies. Case in point here minus any fun factor. Very little humerous batista moments. Little action and pretty terrible script. Batista a former detective? Maybe someone else.... but someone the size of batista? That is just awkward.

Comment

• Species - 7/10

Comment

• Mimic 3: Sentinel - 3/5 - I have a soft spot for JT Petty films. Even though this nothing more than Rear Window with the killer cockroaches, I still enjoyed it. Great dark atmosphere. Ending came up short though.

The Last Lovecraft: The Relic of Cthuhlu - 2.5/5 - Started out extremely strong, but really tapered off after the first act. It was helped by the fact that it was short, but really they wasted an opportunity for a great comedy here. Too bad.

Hellraiser: Bloodlines - 2.5/5 - If it weren't for how cheesy and shoehorned Pinhead is in this film, I have always kinda liked this one. But when he shows up, it is a cheese fest. I'd be interested in seeing the uncut version of this that is no longer in existence supposedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bishop View Post

The Last Lovecraft: The Relic of Cthuhlu - 2.5/5 - Started out extremely strong, but really tapered off after the first act. It was helped by the fact that it was short, but really they wasted an opportunity for a great comedy here. Too bad.

Hellraiser: Bloodlines - 2.5/5 - If it weren't for how cheesy and shoehorned Pinhead is in this film, I have always kinda liked this one. But when he shows up, it is a cheese fest. I'd be interested in seeing the uncut version of this that is no longer in existence supposedly.
                        Bummer on The Last Lovecraft, I've wanted to check it out. Your reactions are pretty much what I had figured it would be though.

And I agree with you on Bloodline, it isn't as awful as people say but the uncut version would probably make it good. Haven't watched it in a good 4 or 5 years.

Comment

• My Gun is Quick 7.5/10

Comment

• Deep Red - Extended Italian Version or Unrated International Version?

I saw this screened with Demons on the weekend, they called it Deep Pink since the color of the film was molested by time. there were a few points where the transitions made no sense, I don't know if that's the way that cut of the film goes, or if they scrapped some ruined frames. so I'm wondering whether to go with the extended cut or the shorter english version.

Comment

• Battle beyond the stars

Comment

• Originally posted by jar View Post
                                Deep Red - Extended Italian Version or Unrated International Version?

I saw this screened with Demons on the weekend, they called it Deep Pink since the color of the film was molested by time. there were a few points where the transitions made no sense, I don't know if that's the way that cut of the film goes, or if they scrapped some ruined frames. so I'm wondering whether to go with the extended cut or the shorter english version.
                                Shorter version...all I'd ever seen was the extended cut (as that was all that was on the DVD I had), and always thought it was a little too long. With the new BU Blu, it has both cuts, so I watched the shorter version for the first time and think it's pretty damn flawless now.

Comment

Working...
                                X